The First Congregational Church was established in the Village of Spencerport in 1850-1851. One year later in 1852, the church burned and then was rebuilt. The parsonage was erected in 1903. In the 1960’s, the elevator was installed.
Because of the various needs within the church, the Adult Women’s Sunday School classes gathered to form the Church Women’s Guild which was open to all ages and provided social activities.
In the oncoming years, membership grew in both the church and the Women’s Guild. There were family dinners, teas and luncheons. Later, it was decided to change by forming several small groups that would share in the planning of newer programs that would fit their style and availability to participate. One could choose which group they wanted to join depending on their life schedule. These groups went by various Biblical names, Bethany, Naomi, Rachael, Debra, etc.
Later, these groups went back to only having one monthly meeting as an entire membership group. The Guild of today meets several times during the year, either at noon or in the evening.
The Sunday coffee time after church worship is funded by the Guild which purchases coffee and paper supplies, as well as getting volunteers to prepare and serve the refreshments.
The financial source of income is gained through projects such as the Annual Rummage and Baked Food Sale as well as the Chr